2021-02-28

My week in books #58 - The Sunday Salon

 

 
 
Hello, I'm linking back to The sunday salon held by Deb at Readerbuzz. Click on the links to access the posts and discover plenty of great bloggers who are dying to share their book reviews, and other things, with you ! 

 *°*° LIFE UPDATES °*°* 

Last week, I kept on the spring cleaning binge, this time with the kitchen. I began cleaning it from right to left, moving the fridge, cleaning the cupboard, putting in order everything I had in it (some of which I'd forgotten about...), giving away the micro-waves that we never use, some baking tins I never used and preparing the space for a new cupboard. Today, I'll move to the sink, what's under it, cleaning  behind the dishwasher, cleaning the stove thoroughly in and out and behind, then installing a new backboard. I changed the kitchen rug. I think by the end of the month, I'll have cleaned and renovated the whole kitchen and I'm looking for someone to install a mural cupboard that has been hanging around... for years (the kitchen wall is tricky, I want someone experienced to do it). Procrastination was my name !
 
Crazy me full of energy is also taking up the 1000abs challenge issued by Cassey at Blogilates. If you don't hear from me this week, I'll simply be dead from exhaustion. Spring in winter is doing a trick on me !

I haven't been reading much this week, I haven't watched many things, just finished Gobelin (funny, romantic and esthetically beautiful) with my eldest daughter and started Hotel del Luna with her (weird, funny and esthetically beautiful), then watched I care a lot on Netflix with my partner (it was meh and I hated the music).

I learned on the radio that I was eligible for the vaccine, but each doctor in France is supposed to have received only 10 doses, my doctor is always hard to reach, so I guess I won't be vaccinated very soon and I hear there were some delivery problems. Of course. After a couple of days of rain and relative cold, we're heading back to sunshine and moderately warm ! Enjoy your week and take care :)

 *°*° LAST WEEK °*°* 

 
A fun prequel review
 
Review of book #1 in the same series
 
The review is in French and English, a first novel

A poignant but heartwarming novel

 
Surprise : the one review without cats !
 
 

   *°*° BOOKS READ °*°* 

 
 Admire that 1955 cover, I found this novel in a book box

 

 *°*° CURRENTLY READING °*°*  
 
 
 
  *°*° BOOK HAUL °*°* 
 
Dear book buying ban, I've been a bad girl...
 
 I simply couldn't resist it

 I love her Youtube channel so I wanted to support her 
- and get her written recipes ^^

It was 5€ instead of 24,95€ - I bought it for my (professional) library

 *°*° ON YOUTUBE °*°*  


Katie is having an E.M. Forster week - a series of short videos about his novels

Audiobook : an autobiography of Agatha Christie

Marissa talks about Mrs "my poor nerves" Bennett in Pride and Prejudice


36 comments:

  1. I like the idea of having projects based on different authors and their books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several running : Agatha Christie, the Brontës and Arthur Conan Doyle :)

      Delete
  2. Spring cleaning always leaves me feeling refreshed. There's something lovely about seeing everything in its spot, and seeing everything shiny and clean. Or maybe it's just me. I love to fold clothes and make up my bed, too.

    I do hope you are able to get your vaccine. We've gotten our first vaccine rather unexpectedly, and it has helped my mood a lot.

    Funny. You have only one review this week without cats in it!

    Knitty Kitties. I can think of ten people who would enjoy that series.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's like cleaning around you is like cleaning inside you, so to speak. I had a catty week =^.^= but I don't mind, I love cats. Enjoy your week ! Or what's left of it now that we're thursday ;)

      Delete
  3. I love your cover for The Travelling Cat Chronicles. I've received a beautiful hardback edition for my 40th birthday, but it has a black cat on the cover. Luckily I have a black and a white cat... I still haven't read the book though... My bad! Will take a look at your review now.

    I loved Cards on the table! Good one hey!

    I have a good week and I hope you won't be too exhausted.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a different cover with the French edition, but I prefer this one, it's absolutely lovely :) Thanks Mareli !

      Delete
  4. Your Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie (to use the character and the author) have been in my thoughts lately too, along with Lord Peter Wimsey. In all the books, the meals -- especially breakfast -- have an interesting part to play, and that's wheat I've been following. I've been reading all three for years, looking for a variety of ideas.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to say I've never read Dorothy Sayers (not yet !). I love Indian and Japanese literature too, they love food ^^

      Delete
  5. I never watch Book Tube, but will have to make an exception for Forster Week! I have read several of his books (especially loved Howards End) and would like to eventually read them all. Good luck with your spring cleaning... you are inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to read them all too, I have Where angels fear to tread on my kindle :) My spring cleaning energy is slowly going down, along with the temperatures, lol !

      Delete
  6. I cannot believe the energy you have for cleaning your kitchen! I don't think I've ever moved my fridge and now I am afraid of what might be behind it. I have to get a new fridge soon so I guess I'll find out....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My energy is depleting, but I haven't much left to do, fortunately ;) Believe me, I was afraid of what was under my fridge too !! Now, I feel better and my kitchen looks tidier and bigger, which is good ^^

      Delete
  7. I really need to do an indepth cleaning of my kitchen. It was one of the rooms I didn't get to while working from home last year (the back bedroom aka junk room was the other room I skipped). I hoping one day I can read and review a book in French. See what I read Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get to the kitchen last year too, it was high time, and it makes me feel better now :) Bravo pour l'apprentissage du français !

      Delete
  8. Excellent progress on your spring cleaning. I've been doing a little of that myself, but really only surfaces and organizing. No movings of friges or stoves. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperature rise and the sun gave me superheroin powers ! I'm calming down, now, lol !

      Delete
  9. It's warming up here too, although today- rain. Good luck on the challenge! And the vegan recipes and Christie's book look great.

    Good luck with the vaccine!

    I think the Mrs. Bennett discussion is interesting, I only know her from the 2005 P&P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too tired this week for the challenge, I may have overestimated myself ! I made some vegan chocolate truffles yesterday that were good, and an apple and chocolate cake this afternoon. Which may explain why I didn't find it hard to resist the abs challenge !

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you got a lot done around the house this past week. Good luck with the abs challenge! I hope you hear something from your doctor soon about your vaccine. Supplies are short here too. I am glad you enjoyed The Travelling Cat Chronicles. I thought it was good too. I hope you enjoy your reading this week! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy - I gave up the abs challenge (for now) but I do enjoy my readingsj !

      Delete
  11. Take Courage looks like a book I want to read. I like reading books about authors. My Sunday Salon post this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take courage was really, really good. I didn't always agree with the author but it was a passionate book about an overlooked yet talented author :)

      Delete
  12. I need to do some spring cleaning, too. I'm hoping to get some time to clean this week. Or perhaps I should say I hope to get some motivation to clean this week.

    Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My motivation is gone, maybe it went to your place, who knows ;) Thanks Yvonne !

      Delete
  13. All that cleaning! I need to do the same really. Just pick a room and attack it.
    Ten doses per GP seems ridiculous. Ours is rolling out in 4 stages, and I’m in the last group so no idea when I’ll get mine.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely, ridiculous is the word. Oh well, I'll have a lot of cleaning/redecorating done before I get it ! Thanks Shelleyrae, you too :)

      Delete
  14. I love Blogilates but I tend to stick to her easier beginners workouts! Good luck and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've come back too after the first exercise, lol ! Thanks Heather, you too :)

      Delete
  15. Way to go getting into the spring fever kitchen cleaning mode. Good luck with the ab challenge. Whew, you'll be working it hard. :)
    Nice little haul and great that you could support a favorite blogger through it. Fun vintage cover on that Agatha Christie.

    Have a great week, Iza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1000 abs, was I crazy ?! Cleaning is sports too, isn't it ? I'm sticking to my "normal" workout this week. Thanks Sophia !

      Delete
  16. You seem so enthusiastic about your cleaning binge, why don't you come to my place and keep at it? Lol. It's a very small house.
    Lots of cats!! I'm starting a book by Soseki (I read several last year), and I just realized I never read his very first one, I am a Cat. Have you?
    I'm glad you didn't resist buying this book. How could someone resist buying a Japanese book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I still need to customize my bathroom and clean my desk :p I think I read Je suis un chat, but it was many years ago and I don't remember much. A good reason to pick it up again. I can't resist Japanese books, especially those edited by Philippe Picquier, their covers are so tempting my mouth almost waters watching them. Il y avait un présentoir spécial "nouvel an chinois" et une trentaine de romans, je n'en ai acheté qu'un - mais j'avais dit à ma fille de me retenir ;)

      Delete
  17. I will start spring cleaning soon! Good luck with getting the vaccine early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring isn't there yet, you can take it slow until then ^^ Just a suggestion :D

      Delete
  18. 'm trying to do soon spring cleaning as well :) I'll check out Hotel del Luna sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Hotel del Luna so far, beautiful to look at and I love Jang Man-Wol, she's funny :)

      Delete