2021-02-23

Tracey DREW : Knitted and knifed - Knitty kitty mystery #1

Tessa Wakefield has her hands full juggling a cozy craft store, her crazy family, and two men who’d rather poke out their eyes than describe themselves as cute. Which they totally are. Cute, charismatic, and occasionally on her mind when she’s not stumbling over dead bodies and using her newfound sleuthing skills to track down murderers. Lucky she’s an excellent multi-tasker because digging beneath Cape Discovery’s surface can unearth secrets that kill.
 
 

This is the following opus of the Knitty Kitties mysteries. I recently read the prequel, told from the point of view of the cats, this one is told from Tessa's perspective. 
It's a lovely and fun cozy mystery set in a little seaside town. Tessa is 35, she came back home to her grandfather's after a painful breakup and she keeps him company now that her grandmother's dead. 
She is supposed to have a batty family but I didn't find that really true. Her younger brother, too handsome for his own good, tends to take life on the light side. Her mother adores her only son (she has 3 daughters) and doesn't know what moderation means. Both cats of the yarn store have a will of their own - it's only natural, they're cats. There is a hot (single) bartender and a hot (single) cop in this small town, so I think Tessa might find herself a new boyfriend at some point !

The character development wasn't extraordinary, but that's not the thing you expect from a cozy mystery. You want fun (I had), a smalltown community, a whiff of romance, a "normal" murder, a lot of gossip (there was) : all in all, you want to have a good time and I had. I might even pick the next instalment when it is published.

5 comments:

  1. I don't normally like talking cats in mysteries, but I see this one is from a human's point of view. I miss enjoying cozies. I read fewer of them these days, preferring psych thrillers! After Lent, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good, I love books with animals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the point of view of the cat? Thanks for presenting it, I know someone who might enjoy this

    ReplyDelete
  4. A light mystery like this with hot guys, cats, and a normal crazy family sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete