2020-01-26

My week in books - 3


After watching this video from Tom reads things :
I decided I would join in, since I've only read the first book - even if I watched all the films with my family. They're all huge fans, my boyfriend and my two daughters, and Boyfriend says the books are even better than the films. So here's an opportunity to figure it out and it will be a nice change from classics.



- Jane AUSTEN : Sense and sensibility 
- Lucy Maud MONTGOMERY : Anne of Green Gables (kindle)



- J.K. ROWLING : Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone (paperback)


- Romain PUERTOLAS : La police des fleurs, des arbres et des forêts (book in French). In English, the title would be "The police of flowers, trees and forests" : nice, isn't it ? It's going to be reserved at my library because the reviews have been so exciting, so it goes up my tbr list. After Harry Potter.
- Anthony TROLLOPE : The warden (Chronicles of Barsetshire #1)
 I watched the mini-series Doctor Thorne and enjoyed it, I have several e-books by Trollope on my Kindle so I thought, why not read that series from the start ? 
- The next Lisa GARDNER, When you see me, will be published on January 28th on Kindle and there is no way I'm going to wait to read it. I have preordered it and as soon as I have received it, I'm on it ! So there will be a review very soon. I think she's my favourite thriller author.
- Then The five by Hallie RUBENHOLD will be released on paperback on January 31st and I heard so much good about it that I preordered it too and I'll be reading it and reviewing it too.

- Anthony TROLLOPE : Doctor Thorne (Barchester chronicles #3, I already have #1 and #2)
- Tana FRENCH : The likeness (Dublin murder squad #2)

 
- Natalie JENNER : The Jane Austen society (it will be released next may, so I'll publish the review around this time)

- J.K. ROWLING : Harry Potter and the philosopher stone (Harry Potter #1, (book)
- Sarah PERRY : The Essex serpent (book)
- Andrew WILSON : A talent for murder (Agatha Christie #1, book) 
- Jean RHYS : Wide Sargasso sea (book, sort of prequel to Jane Eyre)
- Romain PUERTOLAS : La police des fleurs, des arbres et des forêts (book in French)


- Library haul : Mary Queen of Scots (DVD) :


- A coworker lent this to me (thanks Karine !) - Little Dorrit (DVD):


- I watched Doctor Thorne and loved it so much I bought the book !



- Cranford (adapted from Elizabeth Gaskell's book) : loved it, laughed and cried !


Extra bookish stuff :

I ordered this gorgeous book sleeve on Etsy, from Craggs & Dale shop and received it in a very pretty package with a very pretty wrap, so I'm really excited. It's beautifully made (should I say my mother was a seamstress ?), I especially enjoy the button with the fox's head on it. Thank you, Tricia, I also showed it to my coworkers who fell in love with it ! And I'll keep that shop in mind to offer presents to friends and family !




- My reading goals for 2020
- Juliette ARNAUD : Maintenant comme avant (book review in French)
- Virginia WOOLF : Londres (book review in French and English)
- Michele McGRATH : Duval and the infernal machine (book review) 
- Charles DICKENS : A Christmas carol (book review) 
- Agatha CHRISTIE : Poirot investigates (book review)


- Jane AUSTEN : Sense and sensibility (book review)
- Lucy Maud MONTGOMERY : Anne of Green Gables (book review)
- Lisa GARDNER : When you see me (book review) 
and for the rest, we'll see !

A little tourism ? Aix-en-Othe (Aude, France) - the covered market, historical monument built in 1889 by an architect of the Baltard family :
and a house with a "bourguignon" roof, the kind of rooftops you find only in Burgundy, France (or nearby) :

Enjoy your sunday !


No comments:

Post a Comment