2022-02-18

Matt HAIG : The midnight library

'Between life and death there is a library, and within that library, the shelves go on forever. Every book provides a chance to try another life you could have lived. To see how things would be if you had made other choices... Would you have done anything different, if you had the chance to undo your regrets ?'
 

  
 
It was all the buzz not so long ago, so I had to read it, hadn't I, with the word "library" in the title ? I tried hard not to listen to what the plot was about or what enthusiastic readers would reveal, so all I really heard about it is that it took place, mostly, in a library. I work in a library. That's why I read it.
 
To be honest, I thought it would be worse than it was, I was afraid it would be one more feel-good novel and there are just too many of these ! There was nothing much about libraries in it, really, it's just a metaphor for the different choices that life offers you : one choice = one book. 

I read this book a couple of weeks ago but to be honest, I don't remember much about it, just the main lines and that I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I'd be. Lots of people adored it, I didn't, but maybe you would...
 

4 comments:

  1. I forgot about this one. I confess that seeing 'library' in a title makes me eager to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the trap I fell into, I read it because of it ^^

      Delete
  2. It's funny, this is a book I thought I would pick up and devour, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We heard so much about it that it was hard to avoid it :D

      Delete