2021-10-20

Classics club spin #28 : and the result is...

 


In this post, I mentioned the #28th spin of the Classics club, the result has been published and N°12 has been elected.

In my list, N°12 was Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert.
I read it as a teenager, loved it.
I tried to re-read it a few years ago when my teenagers had to read it for school (and hated it) and DNFed it.
 
Madame Bovary, this is your last chance to seduce me ! I have until the 12th of december to read it, I think it will be done long before that. I'll let you know. Maybe I should watch the film, too...
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Perhaps this will be a lucky number 3(rd attempt)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice your post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tarik, I tried to read your blog, but unfortunately I don't speak your language :)

      Delete
  3. Ha, third time is the charm hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not thrilled but I'm determined ^^

      Delete
  4. I absolutely loved classics when I was in high school but haven't been nearly as enamored with them now that I'm an adult. I can't exactly figure out why, but it sounds like I'm not the only one this has happened to!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I've never read it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, I'm dreading it a bit but I'll brave on ^^

      Delete
  6. Brava! I will be interested to hear what you make of it the third time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read it yet, much to my shame, but I'm seriously thinking about it !

      Delete
  7. Perhaps the film might help? A combo read & watch. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, and I love the actress, Isabelle Huppert :)

      Delete