2021-05-14

Martha WELLS : Network effect - The murderbot diaries #5

Murderbot returns in its highly-anticipated, first, full-length standalone novel.
You know that feeling when you’re at work, and you’ve had enough of people, and then the boss walks in with yet another job that needs to be done right this second or the world will end, but all you want to do is go home and binge your favorite shows? And you're a sentient murder machine programmed for destruction? Congratulations, you're Murderbot.
Come for the pew-pew space battles, stay for the most relatable A.I. you’ll read this century.



Finished last month, I'm writing the review now, so you will get a short but very, very enthusiastic review from me !
You are aware, if you're a fan of the series, that all previous instalments were novellas and short stories, but this one is a full length novel. I was just a little bit anxious about it, wondering if it would be as great as before, but what a fool I was. Of course, it's excellent ! More grumpy Murderbot, more pleasure ! And this universe is beginning to expand, there are more AIs coming up and Murderbot is beginning to realize that this particular personality is probably just his ^^
There is something in this story that I loved to pieces, but how can I tell you about it without spoiling ?! It's impossible ! Just know that it's great, really great, and I'm happy with how everything turned out and I'm absolutely, completely ready for more !
Really, are there people out there who haven't read this series ? Even if you don't like science-fiction, you should really try because you're missing out on something gooooooood ! 

12 comments:

  1. "There is something in this story that I loved to pieces, but how can I tell you about it without spoiling ?! It's impossible !"

    I know exactly what you mean. It's such a tricky thing, I've found over years of reading and writing reviews, to share a book, to encourage others to read it, without building up expectations so high that the new reader is bound to be disappointed, or without ruining the story for the new reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely ! The easier way would be to spoil yet warn ahead but I don't like to do that. It's trying, lol !

      Delete
  2. I'm going to start listening to the audiobooks of these this summer. I've heard all the good things. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you've become addicted by now ^^

      Delete
  3. Yay! I was wondering what you would think of this one. I loved it to death especially after a certain old acquaintance came into the story. Can't wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, "that" acquaintance is so great !! I've finished the whole availables novels, now, waiting for the next :)

      Delete
  4. I have the first book in this series, but I still haven't read it! I've only heard good things about these books, so I'm sure I'll start it soon. There are just so many books I need to "get to," and more are added every week!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, believe me ! When you love books, are surrounded by book lovers on the net who make great discoveries that tempt you, it's hard to keep up ^^

      Delete
  5. Oh, I've heard a bunch about this book. Here's hoping you live in the moment this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carl, it's a great series :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They are, but now I'll have to wait for the next, patience patience...

      Delete