2021-04-27

Patrick ROTHFUSS : The lightning tree - The kingkiller chronicles #0.5

The Lightning Tree is a companion short story in The Kingkiller Chronicle series. It was first published on 2014 in the anthology Rogues. It centers around Bast, Kvothe's... assistant.
 

 
It's a short story that was published in the anthology Rogues noted above, that I'll be buying later, but you can find it narrated by the author on Youtube :
 
 
which is where I listened to it. Patrick Rothfuss is a very talented narrator, by the way !
It can be read (or listened to) before reading The name of the wind, or after The wise man's fear, which I did. Bast is a very intriguing character, we don't know yet how Kvothe and him met, but we know that Bast is fae, a fae full of charm and glamour but also dangerous.
In this episode, he is his usual eager, charming self, used to manipulating people to get what he wants, yet he can show other, darker sides of his personality.
I had a very good time listening to this, it will help me take patience until book #3 is published, in 2068 I heard some say ! I gave it 5 stars because, as I do with the Murderbot, when I love, I don't do half measures.

7 comments:

  1. I really need to start reading the Patrick Rothfuss books! I know I'm going to love them.

    Hope you are well!!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm catching up, thanks ! But regarding Patrick Rothfuss, i'm afraid we're still waiting for the next book...

      Delete
  2. great cover. i have a thing for trees, so covers like this always make me curious...then...5 stars...i'll be listening
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trees too, I have a special pin for them on Pinterest :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks R, I hope you're good <3

    ReplyDelete