2021-03-17

Booktubers shoutout 3 : Claudia from Spinster's library


"Hello, this is Spinster's library, I'm Claudia and...".

Claudia is German, married to a British guy, has been living in Wales for a few years but they have recently moved back to Germany before the terminal Brexit. She loves books, studies music, has her own shop online and she loves cats (who doesn't ?

I love her sense of humour, her intelligence, her occasional channel guests,
her cats and her general points of view on everything, because she talks about different subjects and reads different genres. I just love her videos and feel truly happy when I see she has posted a new one !

Rather than writing about her, I posted several videos below so you can make your own mind :

Why do women read more than men ?
 
Terrifying children since 1845 : a Victorian Halloween special

How not to be a lady in Jane Austen's time

My year in Audible : the good, the bad and the unlistenable
 
 
Easy bookshelf catification DIY : I don't want my cats to watch this one !

Reacting to men writing women

If you only watch one video, please have a good laugh with this one : 
Ranking Jane Austen's bad boys from worst to best 
("the guy who charms the crinolin off your mother") 



10 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that there are videos for readers, but I am not the target audience. I'd much rather read someone's thoughts about books that to have to watch videos about their thoughts. I can't skim a video. There's no index or table of contents in a video.

    It's probably just me. I'm glad you are enjoying these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean :) Some booktubers are starting to make a table of contents with times, though.

      Delete
  2. I never ever watch BookTube. I can't give a clear enough answer for that. Download YouTube on phone. That's an instruction for me.

    But thanks for the shoutouts!! It does remind me that there's a BookTube!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me some months to find the booktubers I follow :)

      Delete
  3. Claudia sounds fabulous. I loved her Jane Austen bad boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved them, I laughed so much when I watched it !

      Delete
  4. i have never really thought of booktubers, so i am glad you shared this post. i will be checking them out
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you will, they have been a great discovery for me, perfect for keeping up with new releases professionally speaking, but for the discovery of classics too :)

      Delete
  5. I loved the Austen bad boys video! "Fragile Male Ego Olympics" is an event that could definitely have lots of contenders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so great to watch that ! I'm glad you loved the video !

      Delete