2021-02-07

My week in books (not only) #55 - The Sunday Salon

 

 
 
Hello, I'm linking back to The sunday salon held by Deb at Readerbuzz. Click on the links to access their posts and discover plenty of great bloggers who are dying to share their book reviews, and other things, with you ! 

 *°*° LIFE UPDATES °*°* 

Well, it seems I took some time off internet, life got in the way, but I'm baaaack ! And for the first time in my blogging history, I had to moderate comments (no hate message, just good ole spam). So I'm moderating them now and will see later if I can remove this. Or not, it's easier to see when someone leaves a comment and then I'm sure not to miss them.

Life has been busy : reading, naturally, my family, my cats, organizing myself - well, I *started* organizing myself, work, being a chauffeur for my family members, ocupying my daughters, calling my sister (she doesn't like lockdowns at all), calling my aunt (she's sick, can't get medical appointments soon enough and hopes to have a vaccine...), cleaning, cooking, making my own cleaning stuff (I'll share if you're interested), catching up on the 10 reviews I had to write, catching up on comments, catching up on Booktube, catching up on Bloglovin'. I think I have listed it all. Well, it's done ! Until next time I have to catch up ! I haven't finished catching up on Bloglovin, don't know if I will, it's ot an obligation.
 
I'll answer all comments tomorrow, today is for family :)

 *°*° LAST 2 WEEKS °*°* 

 
Review in French and English
 
Review of a book I'll remember !
 
Brother Cadfael fans will probably enjoy this series, I did : 
historical mystery in the Middle ages


 
 I loved, loved, loved it ! And now, I have to wait for 2022 for the next...

Read for the Japanese literature challenge, but it wasn't what I expected

 
  *°*° BOOKS READ °*°* 
 


 
 
 
 
 *°*° CURRENTLY READING °*°*  


 

 *°*° BOOK HAUL °*°*  

Let me explain how I'm on a book buying ban but still buying books ! I know it may look paradoxical, but it's perfectly reasonable (of course it is) : Lisa Gardner is my favourite thriller author, I read her new novel every year. No more said. As to the Murderbot, I started the series and will buy all the novels and novellas until I'm finished with it, so I'll keep buying those every month. My book ban regarding this series consists in not reading them all in one month, as I would love to, but stick to one per month. It's hard.

 *°*° ON YOUTUBE °*°*  

 

Claudia posted about going grey early, which happened to me 
and then to my eldest daughter who's 19


Claudia (again - I love her channel) has posted a video on books about books

 
If you love piano and cats, as I do, this is for you :)
 (link sent by my youngest daughter 
- I love it when the other cat leaves !)

Gemma offers a selection a selection of novels for Valentine's day

 *°*° ON THE NET °*°*  

 I've been surfing the net for special recipes - I'll share later :)





27 comments:

  1. I love to justify why I buy books! Ha Ha...it's fun to think of reasons. I think your justification is fine. Enjoy your family time, and make sure to take care of you. Sounds like you take care of everyone in your family. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always a good reason to buy books ^^ Yes, the family is always around, and the cats !!

      Delete
  2. I'm almost afraid to take a look at Booktube... with all the time I spend on blogs, bookish podcasts, etc., I'd never find any time to read! I had to start moderating comments on my blog after an increase in spam, too. Never got around to changing it back as it seems to be working pretty well for me as it is. Lots of good books here... enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't listened to bookish podcasts, not yet, that's why I find some time for YT, or maybe it's just because I'm a visual, I like to see :) But I can relate to needing time to read ! But I don't watch all booktubers and all their videos, I prefer the 15mn top or longer only if I'm really interested.

      Delete
  3. Life got in the way here as well so I'm just catching up as well.

    I'm still waiting for the second Murderbot book to come in from the library. Hopefully in another week and hopefully, I will be able to read it almost right away.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I have just finished the third and loved it :)

      Delete
  4. My book buying ban has some caveats in the form of my preordered books from last year, it’s difficult isn’t it but I think a total ban would be near impossible since our fave authors have a habit of releasing new temptations!

    I’ve moderated for many years which has been very hand this week as I’ve had a load of spam comments come through which are annoying but it’s good to be able to catch them.

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad, bad authors, tempting us all the time ! I've been tempted some more this week - bad, bad me !

      Delete
  5. Welcome back :) Boy you definitely sound busy! Good luck with all the catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm doing my best (currently having my daughters cooking for us while I'm blogging ^^)

      Delete
  6. I get caught up now and then for online visits and comments, but I don't stress if I can't get to them all. Like you, I've carved out time on Saturdays and Sundays for personal and family time offline. Bummer about the spam, but sadly it happens a lot. Nice stack of books you finished this week. I love the Murderbot series, too. I can't wait for the next release in the spring.

    Have a good week, Iza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm savouring each Murderbot novella (and novel) at a time, but it's hard not to read them all :) I'm slowly catching up on coms during the week, but I usually manage, now. Thanks Sophia !

      Delete
  7. You have been very busy reading, reading, reading. For the first time since 1/1/21 I will get to pick what I read starting tomorrow. My Sunday Salon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been reading that much, actually, but I took a week off posting and then, I read a lot, it helps ;) I can't wait to see what you'll pick, enjoy.

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry you've had to deal with spam. Every time I go unmoderated, I start getting more spam again so it's a permanent fixture now. It sounds like you've been busy. I am glad you are finding time to read in there too. Thank you for sharing the fun videos! I hope you have a great week and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moderating the coms allows me to see who comments where and not miss one, as I usually would, so it's good :D I'm glad you liked the videos, thanks Wendy !

      Delete
  9. I set my comments for moderation after two days, and that seems to take care of the spam problem.

    Wow. You make your own cleaning supplies. I hope that I can get to that point. This year we are working on composing and trying to recycle as much as we can. Maybe next year I will find out your secrets.

    My grandma went gray at 25, but her hair was such a lovely color that I always hoped I'd take after her.

    The cat and the piano is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning supplies, that's the term I was looking for, thanks ! It's hard to do the right thing all the time, but we started being eco-friendly years ago and working from home seems the right opportunity to start making... well things I didnt make before. I'm aiming for the easier recipes, which I'll share when I'm satisfied :)

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you've been busy. I've had my comments on moderation for awhile. Every time I take it off, the spam starts again. So, I just leave it on.

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll leave the moderation too, it's practical. Thanks Yvonne, there is snow outside and my youngest kitty is lying on the table just in front of me, in the sun...

      Delete
  11. I've read a few Lisa Gardner's - they are good! I think I have a Jude Devereaux coming later in the spring. Hair has a mind of it's own! My younger brother had a white tuft in high school, but I'm still with just a sprinkling of gray at 48. People think I dye my hair brown, which is frustrating. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious about what you'll think of the Deveraux. When I was 18 and went to the hairdresser, as I had a strand of white hair, she thought I had dyed it, but no ;) Thanks Becki, you too !

      Delete
  12. I'm working my way through the Murderbot series and loving it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank goodness for the cat video on the piano! Made my week funny, lovely music too. How many cats do you have? I'd love to get one - but I have a dog who demands our full hearts & attention. But someday I will! Enjoy your week & books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how the piano gives him a musical massage ^^ I have two cats, one old grandma that we adopted 3 years ago because she was so old nobody wanted her, and a youngster of 2 who thinks I'm her mum. I love dogs too ! Thanks Susan :)

      Delete