2020-02-25

J.K. ROWLING : Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets - Harry Potter #2

"There is a plot, Harry Potter. A plot to make most terrible things happen at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year."
Harry Potter's summer has included the worst birthday ever, doomy warnings from a house-elf called Dobby and rescue from the Dursleys by his friend Ron Weasley in a magical flying car ! Back at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for his second year, Harry hears strange whispers echo through empty corridors - and then the attacks start. Students are found as though turned to stone... Dobby's sinister predictions seem to be coming true.


What can I say about this book that hasn't been written yet ?...
I began reading this series (I had only read the first before this year) when Tom started his #HarryPotter2020 challenge. I thought why not participate ? With all the people surrounding me looooooving Harry Potter, it felt weird of me not to have read all the books. I felt like a freak outsider !
And I really enjoy this series, how inventive it is. My favourite is Hermione, the talented know-it-all. The part in the forbidden forest was scary and the flying car gone wild was great. Yet, as much as I was entertained, if it would have been up only to me, Harry Potter would never have been *that* much successful. I love it, but I'm not raving. I understand why it had so much success, though.
Anyway, I had a good time and I'm ready for the next ! 

"- But why's she got to go to the library ?"
 - Because that's what Hermione does," said Ron, shrugging. "When in doubt, go to the library."

No comments:

Post a Comment