2020-02-23

My week in books - 7

 
Book reviews :
Eve ENSLER : The apology
E.G. MANETTI : Chalice bearer
Jane AUSTEN : The beautiful Cassandra
 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28097456-pauvre-chose

Library haul : it looks like a fun romantic comedy, which is rather weird according to what I have read so far of Japanese literature, but apparently, she's a celebrated author, so I'll see... It seems this book hasn't been translated in English yet.




 Kindle freebie from an author who has a wicked sense of humour !

I heard some good things about this author I didn't know, it's a classic mystery and it was free...


 Can you buy a book unintentionally ? I fell upon the name of Samuel Butler, thought that I'd read one of his books ages ago, remembered that it was this one, thought I added it to my list and it landed on my Kindle instead. Well, here it is, and it looks good.



I've read one of her books before, loved it, it's a Kindle freebie, it's a steamy historical romance and the reviews are good, what more can I add ?


I found it in a book box near home - I know, I shouldn't even look at those things, they're dreadful for my TBR pile. This is about Dickens and Wilkie Collins investigating a case together. I don't know if it will be good, but it's at the very least interesting !




 So far : really good


Next week, we'll have the Harry Potter review, the steamy historical romance review, the Rising man review, hopefully I'll have read and finished and reviewed The bird cottage by Eva Meijer and I had an enormous book haul/audiobook haul that will need a post all by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment