2020-01-07

My week in books (not only) - 1






Currently reading :

- Emily Brontë : Wuthering heights (re-read, paperback, group read for the #Classicscommunity)
- Frances Hodgson Burnett : The secret garden (Kindle)

Books read - reviews coming up next week :
- Bram Stoker : Dracula (re-read, Kindle, group read for the #Classicscommunity but I finished early) Rate : 4/5
- Ambrose Parry : The art of dying (Netgalley request, Kindle book) Rate : 5/5

Next to read :
- Jane Austen : Sense and sensibility (re-read, purely for pleasure and because I want to re-read all her books)
- Henry James : The portrait of a lady (group read for the #Classicscommunity)


Books borrowed/requested :
- Juliette Arnaud : Maintenant, comme avant (library borrowed - in French)
- Ambrose Parry : The art of dying (Netgalley request, Kindle)
- Virginia Woolf : Londres (library borrowed - in French)

Books bought : 
- Charles Dickens : A Christmas carol
- Agatha Christie : Poirot investigates

- Frances Hodgson Burnett : The secret garden
 
DVDs bought :
- Cranford (present to myself, I read the book last year)  

- Stargate Atlantis (present from my boyfriend - I love sci-fi, I love this show !)

DVDs watched :
Cambridge spies : very good cast, interesting story with an angle I didn't expect at all and important British history.

Movies watched :

I went to see it with my elder daughter and her boyfriend, in French sadly (no VO nearby) : great cast (I do love Meryl Streep, she's awesome ! but Friedrich's French voice was meh), great photography (the scenes on the beach looked like an Impressionist painting), I haven't read the book yet (but I have it on my shelves), it's not a movie that will remain in my heart forever, but it was a very nice to watch.

Coming up next week :

Two reviews, those of Dracula and The art of dying and one more, hopefully, of Wuthering heights.
I think I gave up on the idea of group reads in chapters - it's hard for me, when I love the book, to wait for others and, when I don't love the book, to pick it up again later !
And I usually read two books at the same time : one on paperback, when I'm at home or on the train if it's not too heavy and doesn't risk being damaged, and one on my kindle or my phone (light, easy to read anywhere, even when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep !).

Laouen (her name means "happy" in Breton) wishes you a great week :



 

No comments:

Post a Comment