2022-01-05

2022 - reading goals and all that jazz

Cat, Christmas Tree, Ornaments, Playful

Happy new year ? Same old problems, pandemic era and all that, but after all we're still alive and kicking !
 
Last year was a difficult year, I clearly didn't read as many books as I intended to, I gave up on my reading journal, I gave up watching Booktube and reading blogs, I gave up on physical exercise, I was tired and rather depressed. I spent most of the year home due to health issues and got back to work early October, with tons of work to catch up on and the physical side of my job to get used to again. Oh, and with a pandemic still going on, public transportation still problematic and other fun things like not enough librarians to open normally and some people calling us nazis because they need to be vaccinated to enter the library. Nice.

Anyway ! I'm catching up as fast as I can on work. I'm still reading like a slug (can't concentrate long) and fall asleep on the books *but* I keep trying to get back to my usual pace. I'll make it.

I hope everything went well for you ? Family reunions were difficult this year too, so I hope you were able to party a little, if only at home, even if it was a very reasonable party. I wish you are healthy and staying safe and keeping everyone safe - as much as we can. Happy new year, let's be hopeful !
 
 
Here is some dynamite to start your days in a good mood - this song helped me on many, many mornings when I wanted to stay in bed instead of going to work.
 
PS : Oh ! Yes ! I pressed "publish" before I realized I had written "reading goals" in the title ! So for the moment, I'll keep it simple : no reading goals for this year, absolutely none, yup. First I get back into shape, then I'll set goals. Maybe. I'll read whatever I please whenever I please.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year!!

    I'm the same, I'm just going with the low.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope 2022 is much better than last year for you in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're still hanging in there, Iza. Depression is real and tough to push through. Great power song you picked. I've got a few of those that I click on, too. We had a nice time with our niece's family one evening and another evening with my husband's stepsister. Sadly, we were barely awake for New Year so no partying for us. ;)

    Happy new year, Iza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry that 2021 was such a tough year! I hope this year finds you feeling better, happier, and that reading comes more easily. I love that you have no reading goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the Dynamite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. Take it easy, with no advance goals. I will do the same, though I have marked on Goodreads that I plan to read 50 books. Hope you get back on your feet soon and that this will be a better year than last.

    ReplyDelete