2021-01-20

Technical problem to comment, help !

 
 
When I link to The Sunday Post and The Sunday Salon every week, my first objective for the week coming next is to leave a comment to every blogger who subscribed there too. It takes a lot of time (almost 70 subscribers), which is not easy when you have a mostly stay at home family (thanks Covid) and your computer is in the main room because you can't put it anywhere else. My computer is also used by my two daughters and I lately try to liven up my eldest daughter, a student who hasn't been to college since last year (Covid again). She hasn't seen her friends much, hasn't been out much and needs cheering up.

So imagine what it feels like when on one blog, two blogs, three blogs, I can't leave those comments ! The first one was on Athira's "Reading on a rainy day" (a blog powered by Blogger), then on Tressa's "Wishful endings", then Sandy's "Somewhere only we know" (Blogger again) and Tracy at "Cornerfolds" ! I commented on their blogs before, the problem is that when I look at their post, the place to comment is absolutely nowhere ! I thought I would wait a day or two, people would comment, the place would appear ? No. Not normal. I use Firefox as a navigator.

At the same time, when I try to comment on other blogs (where I can see that comment section) using my Google account,  there is a picture saying that it's connecting, except it's still connecting 10mn later, so I have to use my Twitter account. As long as I can comment, well, it's not really bad, but I wonder if it's linked.

Am I a complete computer dummy ? Am I missing something ? Do you have the same problem ? I recently installed Badger on Firefox but I don't see how it would have anything to do with that ? If you encounter the same problem or if you have any idea, I'd be grateful for some help !

End of the day update : thanks to Mareli, I know I have problems with Disqus (I have been subscribing there for years) and Atom. I'm working on it.
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh no!! Nope, never had that and I am so not the Google/Blogger Expert! But I am going to see if I can access those sights and find the comments. Do they perhaps use plugins? Let me see if I can help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my Friend! Okay, I quickly had a look for you. They are all using the Disqus plugin. I'm not all that crazy about it, but it does have a few nice features. I actually think that the blogger standard comment thingy (like you use as well) is perfectly fine.

    Register on Disqus, then you will be able to comment on their posts as well! It's got nothing to do with blogger or Google, just a plugin.

    Hope it helps!
    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mareli, it does help !! The weird thing is that I subscribed to Disqus years ago, so maybe Badger is blocking it. I'll work on that, thanks again !!

      Delete
  3. Off and on, I've had trouble commenting on blog. The worst was when I could. not. even. comment. on. my. own. blog! I found I couldn't use Safari.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On your own blog !!! That hasn't happened to me. Yet. Ah, computers...

      Delete
  4. Yes, Safari is a no no when it comes to Blogspot I've found. Sometimes with other blogs I find I must click on the post's title in order for the comment box to appear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mareli found out about Disqus, but I think Atom doesn't like me either and I'm pretty certain there is a security somewhere that claims "trackers !" when there is no danger. I have yet to find it... Thanks Diane :)

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry I missed your post but I'm glad you were able to solve this problem! I wish sometimes it was easy to find what is blocking what on a website. Of course, I could click the extension and find it, but then I would need to know something is being blocked somewhere. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found what it was : Badger, a Mozzilla extension, but it's not always easy to find who did what when your whole family uses your computer :D

      Delete
  6. I also have a problem with the Askimet plug in on many wordpress blogs - esp if I'm using my phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how things that should take a minute end up lasting a lot more !

      Delete