2020-10-11

My week in books #39

 

 

 
 


 

Not exactly DVDs, but videos I watched on Youtube :

A link from Heather, from the Youtube channel Fresh Parchment :

This is a debate (it lasts almost 2 hours, but honestly, they fly by) about who is the favourite British writer between Jane Austen and Emily Brontë. Two debaters : John Mullan (who wrote What matters in Jane Austen that I read last july and Kate Mosse, whose books I haven't read (yet). 4 actors were reading extracts from their works, then there were questions from the audience. I would have loved to be there ! Thanks to Heather for the link !

I also watched a 1972 TV adaptation of The golden bowl from Henry James. I have trouble reading Henry James but I have good hope that one day, I'll succeed ! Until then, I think watching TV shows will help me get familiar with his universe and I enjoyed watching this show :

Kate explains why she loves Victorian literature and I can relate
 to each and every one of her 13 reasons why !
 

Claudia made me discover the Spark notes Twitter account and it's worth a look !

 




No comments:

Post a Comment