2021-01-14

Martha WELLS : Artificial conditions (The murderbot #2)

It has a dark past – one in which a number of humans were killed. A past that caused it to christen itself “Murderbot”. But it has only vague memories of the massacre that spawned that title, and it wants to know more.
Teaming up with a Research Transport vessel named ART (you don’t want to know what the “A” stands for), Murderbot heads to the mining facility where it went rogue. What it discovers will forever change the way it thinks…

This series is so good and so much fun ! In this episode, the Murderbot uses a vessel to carry him to the planet where happened the massacre that he's supposed to be responsible of and on the way, he (unwillingly) picks up an unexpected sidekick. The relations between those two made me smile the whole book long. Well, the book is not long but it made me happy ! I love how the Murderbot considers humans and how he faces his social anxieties. I'm also eager to find out what really took place in his past and what will become of him. 

Next episode next month - it's hard to wait but it's worth it !


4 comments:

  1. I read the first book in this series and enjoyed it, very surprising and creative, Murderbot is an intriguing character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to pieces. I only discovered recently that the first books in the series are novellas but the lastest is a novel, good for us fans !

      Delete
  2. Glad you are enjoying this one so much. I'm hoping to get the novellas from my library at some stage, as they are so expensive...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that's why I'm only buying one novella per month - first because the waiting makes it better, second because my budget likes it !

      Delete