2020-06-29

#JaneAustenJuly 2020 readathon

For the third year, Katie from Books and Things and Marissa from Blatantly bookish are hosting a Jane Austen readathon. You'll find below their videos and recommendations.
(click on the covers to access the links)



The challenges are the following :

1 Read one of Jane's six novels : I chose Persuasion. It's already on my shelf.
2 Read something by Jane Austen that isn't one of her main six novels : I selected her History of England. Also already on my shelf.
3 Read a non-fiction work about Jane Austen or her time period : I just ordered What matters in Jane Austen by John Mullan. The recommandations sound great !
4 Read a modern retelling of a Jane Austen book : I've just received Longbourn by Jo Baker. I was due to read it anyway.
5 Read a book by a contemporary of Jane Austen : and the winner is Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, already on my shelf.
6 Watch a direct screen adaptation of a Jane Austen book : it will be Love and Friendship.
7 Watch a modern screen adaptation of a Jane Austen book : Bride and prejudice (a Bollywood version of Pride and prejudice), it looks like a lot of fun !
And if I finish before the end of the month, I'll read/watch other things, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.










If you're looking for ideas, or what happened last year, feel free to watch Claudia's 2019 playlist. I'm a big fan of her channel, her videos are instructive, thoughtful, funny  :
(This is her 2020 video, the 2019 playlist is listed below. I particularly recommend her Ranking of Jane Austen's bad boys from worst to best - it's hilarious !)


No comments:

Post a Comment