2020-03-29

My week in books - 12


Click on the covers to access the reviews :
https://booksnlivres.blogspot.com/2020/03/maeve-binchy-circle-of-friends.html

https://booksnlivres.blogspot.com/2020/03/mary-costello-academy-street.html








I received it this week and almost jumped for joy when I opened the package ! I love, love, love Arthur Conan Doyle and am so much looking forward to reading everything by him again, and discover new books I've never read ! I've already read all the Sherlock Holmes, The white company, The professor Challenger series, the Brigadier Gérard, The red lamp, and that short story I remember from last century ^^ about a young couple settling in - so funny !  Isn't this cover beautiful ? I'm so enthusiastic about it !

About #TheIrishReadathon, I was supposed to read Sebastian Barry (The whereabouts of Eneas McNulty), Anna Burns (Milkman) and Joseph O'Connor (Cowboys & Indians) but unfortunately, they're on my desk at the office - and with the lock in until April the 15th (so far), I won't be reading them anytime soon.
It's not like I don't have Irish classic books on my Kindle, but since I'm trying to reduce my physical TBR pile, I will get to those Kindle classics later anyway.
While I'm being contained, apart from cooking, cleaning and washing, I'm following online courses about Victorian literature and watching a lot of Booktube videos. I also read, but with everyone around, it's hard to find a little peace. I'm so very happy to immerge myself into Victorian literature, I'm having a blast and loving every single second of it ! It's almost as good as reading !

I hope you're all safe and well, take care of the ones you love and of yourselves :)






No comments:

Post a Comment