2020-03-16

J.K. ROWLING : Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban - Harry Potter #3


Harry Potter, along with his best friends, Ron and Hermione, is about to start his third year at Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry can't wait to get back to school after the summer holidays (who wouldn't if they lived with the horrible Dursleys ?). But when Harry gets to Hogwart's, the atmosphere is tense. There's an escaped mass murderer on the loose and the sinister prison guards of Azkaban have been called in to guard the school...


Almost everybody has read all the Harry Potter series already, so what more could I add after everything's already been said ?
Just that at the beginning of the series, I was enjoying it, of course, but read it mostly under the pressure of my daughters, my boyfriend and well, practically everybody I knew. "Come on, you haven't read it, how can you ?!" they said, which made me deeply want to *not* read those damned books. But oh well, why not ? And the more I'm reading this series, the darker it becomes, the more I'm really loving it. 
And the beginning of this novel was dark, with Harry finding himself all alone out of the Dursleys' home at night. The Knight bus was terrific, with Ernie the dangerous driver and the obstacles removing themselves out of his way ! And Hermione, for the very first time in her life, I guess, answering badly a teacher !
I felt bad for Harry at the end, what could have been his home, but I appreciated the way he answered Uncle Dursley - mischievous answer, but not only, he's growing up...
This is the book I loved the most so far. I only rated it 4.5 instead of 5 because it started a little like The chamber of secrets : with a weird vehicle and a paranormal source of noise inside the house. I'm picky, what can I say ! And the confrontation at the end, too, a bit predictable. But I sense there are good times ahead, ready for The goblet of fire next month !

"A loud ripping noise rent the air ; two of the Monster Books had seized a third and were pulling it apart.
"Stop it ! Stop it !" cried the manager, poking the walking stick through the bars and knocking the books apart. "I'm never stocking them again, never ! It's been bedlam ! I thought we'd seen the worst when we bought two hundred copies of The Invisible Book of Invisibility - cost a fortune, and we never found them..."

PS : I just changed the rating from 4.5 to 5, I was being too picky, it really deserves them.

No comments:

Post a Comment